Have you ever asking yourself what to do for blackheads? That question is quite common especially for women who have blackheads on their face. For your information, there are so many blackhead remedies which you can do to get rid blackheads forever. However, the succession rate of the blackhead remedy depends on the individual’s skin condition. As you know, each person has a different skin type. There are people who have oily skin type, there are people who have a sensitive skin type, and there are people who have combination skin type. That is why the blackhead remedy will be different. If you want to know how to remove blackheads at home, keep on reading this article.
What are Blackheads?
Before we discuss what to do for blackheads, you need to know first about blackheads. Blackheads are a type of acne. They appear when the pores in the skin are plugged with dirt, germs, dead skin cells, and sebum or skin oil. The top of the blackhead which is visible on the surface of the skin has a black color. This is because of the skin’s oxidization. Blackheads can also appear on other parts of our body besides the face. They can appear on the back, neck, chest, arms, ears, arms, and shoulders.
Do’s and Don’ts for Blackheads
1. Use special scrub to gently exfoliate your skin. Look for the scrub which is fragrance-free.
2. Use non-comedogenic products which will not clog pores and reduce the buildup of dead skin cells.
3. Use azelaic acid, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide as prescription treatments to keep the buildup in the hair follicles.
4. Getting enough rest and avoiding stress. Stress and tiredness can trigger your skin to produce more sebum or skin oil.
5. Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetable will result in healthy skin. The balanced diet will also reduce the risk of skin lesions.
1. Do not ever squeeze the blackhead with or without a tool because it will cause irritation and worsened the problem.
2. A steam bath will indeed open up your pores, but some people consider this treatment makes the problem worse.
3. Do not do the scrubbing. Scrubbing will remove the sebum and the sebaceous glands will work harder to produce the sebum which can lead to more buildups.
4. Avoid using oil-based makeup.
Those are the answer to what to do for blackheads. Go try one and see the result!