How to get out blackheads has become a mandatory knowledge. Because now the blackhead problem is very often faced by everyone. Blackheads are small bumps on the skin, which are clogged pores (hair follicles). Blackheads occur if you have open pores that are clogged with excess oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria, and it can turn into big deep blackheads. Blackheads may look like pores covered with dirt, but it is a combination of oil and bacteria that turn black when exposed to air. Blackheads are different from closed comedones, also known as whiteheads. Blackheads are a common symptom of acne and usually appear on the face. Sometimes blackheads also appear on the back, neck, arms or shoulders. Blackheads or also known as blackhead is a forerunner of acne if left just like that on the skin. The nose is generally a favorite place for blackheads to nest.
In addition to the face, this skin problem also often appears on the back, chest, neck, arms, and shoulders. Blackheads are also often referred to as mild acne. However, blackhead does not cause pain or redness on the skin like acne. Blackheads are very common in men and women who have entered puberty.
How common is blackhead?
Blackheads are very common, affecting anyone who has acne problems. This condition is more common in women compared to men at any age, but most often occurs in adolescents. Blackheads are easily treated with acne treatment. But you have to be careful of taking care of it, in case you want to do blackheads and whiteheads popping.
What are the signs and symptoms of blackhead blackheads?
Blackheads are easily recognizable. Usually, blackheads look small and slightly prominent and dark on the skin. The combination of oil, dead skin cells and bacteria oxidizes with air, causing blocked pores that open in black. Blackheads are usually not painful or inflamed like zits. Blackheads are usually associated with other symptoms of acne such as whiteheads and zits.
When should You see a doctor?
You should contact a doctor if you experience the following symptoms:
• If home remedies are not able to remove blackheads
• If blackheads persist or worsen
• If there are other uncomfortable symptoms of acne.
What causes Blackhead?
In addition to know how to get out blackheads, you should know about what causes blackheads. There are several reasons why blackheads are formed. Blackheads can occur due to the environment or from hormonal imbalances in your body. You can have blackheads if:
• The oil glands produce excessive levels of oil (sebum)
• Excess sebum blends with dead skin cells and clogs the hair follicles
• Blackheads expose the oil blockages with air
• Your body produces too much oil
• You are taking drugs such as corticosteroids, birth control pills, lithium, and androgens
• You are experiencing hormonal changes that cause an increase in oil production such as puberty or menstruation
• You have a lot of bacteria on the skin, especially bacteria p. acnes (propionibacterium acnes).
What increases the risk of blackheads?
How to diagnose blackhead?
Your doctor will see what type of skin you have. Then, he will ask if you are using medications such as corticosteroids. The diagnosis can also assess the level of blackheads as mild, moderate, or severe acne. This can help determine trends in psychosocial effects and treatment if needed.
How to treat blackhead?
Blackheads have many treatment options, such as best facial for blackheads. There are some products that you can buy without a prescription that may contain salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, which can be used as creams, ointments or bar soaps. If over-the-counter treatments don’t work, your doctor can prescribe you harder drugs. These drugs can contain types of vitamin A, such as tretinoin, tazarotene, and adapalene. This treatment can prevent blockages in hair follicles and accelerate skin cell turnover.
Dermatologists or specialists in skin conditions can use a special tool, namely the round loop extractor to remove blackheads. In some cases, doctors can also use special tools that have a rough surface to scrape the outer layer of your skin. Sanding the skin can lift the blockage that causes blackheads.
What are some lifestyle changes or home remedies that can be done to treat blackheads?
Here are the lifestyle and home remedies that can help you deal with blackheads:
• Wash your face regularly. You are advised to wash your face 2 times a day with a cleanser, after waking up and before going to bed to remove oil deposits that can cause blackheads. Washing your face more than 2 times a day can irritate the skin and worsen acne. Use a gentle cleanser that does not make the skin red or irritated. Also, don’t forget to clean your face after eating oily foods such as pizza or fried foods.
• Double cleansing and try to use blackheads homemade mask. Clean the skin in layers or known as double cleansing helps prevent blackheads. This process you need to do especially after using heavy makeup covering the face. Not enough with soap alone, before you need to clean your face first with other products.
The first product used in oil-based double-cleansing. This product aims to dissolve oil, makeup, dirt, and pollution that sticks to the skin. Then the second step, use facial cleansing soap to remove residual dirt and cleanse the pores.
• Use oil-free products. Products that contain oil can make new blackheads. You need to use face makeup, lotions, and oil-free sunscreens so that conditions don’t get worse. Makeup products or skincare that contain oil can clog pores. Especially if you have oily skin which makes excessive oil production on the facial skin.
Instead, use water-based products that are easy to absorb and do not clog facial pores. Look for products labeled as oil-free or gel-based to prevent blackheads on the face from multiplying.
• Try exfoliating products. Exfoliating scrubs and masks can help reduce dead skin cells and blackheads from the face. Choose a product that is not irritating.
• Choose non-comedogenic products. Do not carelessly buy makeup or skincare products. Be sure to buy products that are labeled non-comedogenic so they don’t clog pores. For that, read first the packaging labels carefully before buying various products for the face.
So that’s all about how to get out blackheads and a complete explanation about it. Don’t be lazy to take care of your facial health!